Author Topic: T2 Adj Beam Help  (Read 1520 times)

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
T2 Adj Beam Help
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:38:36 AM »
Bought a partially finished lowered T2 beam. The slots are cut and I am trying to get the adjuster bolt in but the threads seem a little bit damaged. Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch is? It looks to be M16 but am not sure of the pitch.

Also when I grab the spring pack and try and rotate nothing moves. I noticed three spot welds on each tube. One just above the slot cut for the adjuster and one on either end of the tube. Do I need to drill these out???

Thanks guys
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline dannyboy

T2 Adj Beam Help
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 06:40:10 PM »
the spot welds you see are dimples to locate the center thingy, just put your trailing arms in to rotate them, they are tight, but they do move. sometimes i take a dead blow to them back and forth to loosen them up some more.
make sure that the threads are totally centered on the slot aswell
when i built those beams(i think those are the beams i built)
i checked to make sure i could thread in the set screws... but i might have missed one
i \"think\" they are m12

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
T2 Adj Beam Help
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:20:01 AM »
Thanks Dan. Ya I called jim about the \"spot welds\" and it did take some patience with the bolts for sure. Thanks dood. I got them in after messing with it for a few hours.  :rockon:

J

Thanks for keeping the technical terms away from me and using words like thingy  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:20:37 AM by slammedbus »
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.