Author Topic: Too much offset.. HELP!  (Read 3454 times)

Offline vwfriend

Too much offset.. HELP!
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
Hey,

So on a whim I've purchased a set of Phone Dials for my '71 Bay. But there is too much offset on the rear with the adapters from CIP. Before I start trimming the wheel well, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also considering buying a different set of rims that bolt on directly as the adapters up front don't fit and need the centre bore machined a touch.

Offline rekka

• AirSpeed Forum Member
    • Radwerx Creative Inc
Re: Too much offset.. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:39:02 PM »
This is my bay in around 1993. This had stock bus brakes with adaptors and it was before narrowed beams etc.  There are few different offsets available in dials and rim diameters too. These were 15's but just cleared with no body mods. My fronts needed a little taken out of the bore with a die grinder to clear the dust caps and bug horn buttons were used as centre caps without modification. I did lose a couple though. So it can be done but find the right offset.

Radwerx. Architectural features in wood, metal and concrete www.radwerx.ca

Offline vwfriend

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
I'm more concerned with the rear.. I guess I can machine the adapters to work up front.  Mind you I did purchase 205s on all four corners and have since realized that I will need narrower tires.. I've heard from a reliable source that rear sfart car tires go up front?

Offline rekka

• AirSpeed Forum Member
    • Radwerx Creative Inc
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
I think I ran 185 60 tires, smart cars weren't invented back in the day.
Radwerx. Architectural features in wood, metal and concrete www.radwerx.ca