Author Topic: Darren Dilley  (Read 2892 times)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Darren Dilley
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »
hey Darren .
was watching and enjoying the last 2 videos that you have posted .
that one video is awesome to watch and very well done .

i was really zeroing in on the launch and you could sure tell when it was going to be a smooth low et run by the launch
and transition into 2nd gear .
something just clicked and reminded me of exact feeling i had in my car when i switched to the dual disc on /off clutch.
it looks like the clutch really bites hard on launch . wheels lift and motor is dragged down and then you hit 2nd .
i know what you have for a clutch but i cannot remember what or if you have a clutch management system in place .
seams a bit more clutch slip would allow for a smoother 1st gear start and allow a better transition into 2nd .
or possibly less heat in the tires to allow for a bit more tire spin and less tire bite .that car sure seams to plant the tires and grip the track
very well .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:21:05 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Darren Dilley

Re: Darren Dilley
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »
Hey jim,
  yes the video has helped out alot. we found the my shocks were fully extended not giving me any rebound , the 650 springs were to soft. i put a set of 750 in.  i just had Mike change my 1,2,3rd gears  and a new main shaft. i only have 6 pass on the new combo and it feels great... went out on saturday. turned up my two step 200 rpm,and turned down the boost ,the car 60ft @ 1.367   it ran a 9.74 @140 with 25 psi boost

yes i would like to get a clutch management system in soon .... it looks like over this winter i will be making a few changes in the car 
life without racing..is no life at all

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Re: Darren Dilley
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:14:14 AM »
your on top of it .

side note : have the bus box now ,and your intermediate plate fits and looks fantastic  .thanks again !!!

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp