Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 1377 times)

Offline 66split

Disappointed
« on: August 18, 2003, 10:19:22 AM »
Hey All,

I tried like hell to get the motor in and did.  When i went to start it, the starter just spun, like it didnt engage the flywheel at all.  My bud (sure) said to roll it forward in gear to align the starter gear, didnt work, tried rolling it backwards didnt work.  Well i tried to push start it, didnt start, timing is probably off.  I bought my dual dells from James and couldnt figure out which of the dual banjos pushes gas to the other carb.  Anyways, as some of you have seen I have spent tons of money on my bus.  And each guy that comes along to \"help out\" wants to charge me something.  This last guy said he would put my longblock together.  he needed money so I agreed on 15 an hour for him to put the tin on, the generator, carbs etc.  Then he comes over saturday and sits down puts on the exhaust and helps me put the motor in.  Then he sits down and drinks 3 of my beers and charges me for 3 hours.  So all in all i paid him for over 10, yes 10 hours to put the tin on and help install the motor.  This IS NOT the first guy who wanted money to \"help\" me out.  Seems that everyone who offers to \"help\" wants money and I am getting no where.  I finally decided to take it to a VW shop and say FUK IT to all the \"help\"ful VW people up here....  
naming a car is gay...really gay.

Offline James Buchan

Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 04:28:31 PM »
hey Rick, my offer still stands, let me know if you need some help (and yes it's free, those other guys should learn a thing or two about helping someone out)

I am back to work so next weekend looks good if you like. Let me know.

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Disappointed
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 12:04:01 AM »
that sucks. i can't believe they wanted money for helping you out...  [_[

just trust in the karma system, rick. they'll get what's coming to 'em  :!:  
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline 66split

Disappointed
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 09:22:40 AM »
i got into VW partly cuz of the cool people i met.  I don't mind helpin people out if they are helpin me but really, it seems that everyone wants something.  And as ugly and mean as i look, I let people walk over me sometimes.  So, like i said its going into the shop wednesday.  Thanks James, I know you are always there to answer questions and help.  Maybe I am just sick of working on this thing huh?  HAHA....
naming a car is gay...really gay.