Author Topic: 11 second singleport....Whahoo!!!!!  (Read 1581 times)

Billyisgr8

11 second singleport....Whahoo!!!!!
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »
Well, a singleport can really go into the 11's, and there is another 7psi to go, thats 65 hp more still.    What a day.  First pass blew off the clutch.  Stage 2 and a HD Daiken.  Pulled the motor and put in  a 4 puck with Shawns help, Thankyou Shawn.  Yikes, its an on and off clutch with the stage 2 pressure plate.  Next pass broke the tires loose, I had to let off the gas and floor it again had a 2.42 60' and ran a 12.86 @ 112.9mph.  Next pass slowed down the left leg some and hooked up better 2.13  60' and ran a 12.55 @ 112.47.  Last pass before the rain,  I slowed down my left leg more ( thats all relative cause its not like I can change my movement speed in increments) , aired down the slicks to 22 psi and got a 1.77 60'  and ran the 11.907 @ 112.98 mph.  My 14.7 pound spring really was 14.7 pounds so when I ran at 4300 feet it was the jetting that prevented the car from going past 11 psi.

At the pits I was very excited forsure.  And the clouds looked like it was going to rain soon, so I decided to put the car on the trailer, glad I did, cause it started to rain, and they shut down the track.  I possibly could have ran 1 more time, but in the end the amount of time needed to cool the car down, was about when it started to rain.  So all I can do is look forward to the next race.  Thanks again to Shawn for helping pull the motor, instal a clutch and put it back in 45 minutes.  I am still dumb founded at the stock tranny in my car.  Still putting up with the abuse I am giving it.  This is the kind of thing that happens when you have the spare sitting in the corner allready.  spool, gusseted, race gears, collecting dust in the corner. Murphies law I guess.

Here are some pictures and video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlckHs3KAE

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Re: 11 second singleport....Whahoo!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:38:24 PM »
Let me be the first to say.... Congrats!!!!! Thats wicked! :o

Offline OUTKAST

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
 PDT_Armataz_01_37 Way to go Kevin and kudos to Shawn Awesome !!!!!!!!! some may not like the loooks but its eitrher put up or shut up and yours just put up big time Great pass and I'm sure there is some more speed left Awesome kevin Awesome !!!!!!!!!! You_Rock_Emoticon

Offline Jord63

• Jordan Woodley
  • 20years with the same car and it never gets boring
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »
That is steller! Love the name of the car. Good job You_Rock_Emoticon

Offline kirin

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
Man that is impressive. Nice to see that you took an idea, put it through and reached a goal....
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Billyisgr8

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
Thanks guys. 

This would have happened 2 years ago if wasn't for the holley 2 barrell that ate up the over 60 passes and 1 1/2 seasons of racing.  This is the 4th time out at the track using the dellorto carb.   Mind you the one T&T I had 24 passes playing with the boost controller that either spiked 25 pounds or only gave me 6 pounds, so I was stuck shiming the spring to 9 pounds boost for the Great Canadian showdown, but the carb wasn't tuned during that episode.  Other than that, the engine is doing exactly what I said it would do with the boost I am running.  Add another 7 psi and it should be a low 11.2-11.3 second ride at close to 119-120 mph.  The rest is up to the car to stay together, and the dellorto to keep the fuel bowl full.   Ohya, then add some better gearing to the mix in my other tranny, and who knows, maybe a high 10 with 22psi boost, compared to the stock tranny gearing.  I actually brought some short 22" tall tires along with me to see what effect gearing had on my mph and time, but with the rain, and the clutch going there was no time for doing that.

Kevin

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
good job kevin and congrats on the 11 second time slip!!

and your pit crew is one dead sexy biatch!! :D

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
Kevin, I personally thought your whole idea was nutz. But you did it, and I congratulate you.
And what Silas said, you did have one hell of a good looking helper!  :P

CHEECH

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 07:57:05 AM »
Damn that was fun..... Too bad it all shut down right before the Street legas were about to start. :wub:

Congrats again Kevin was sure a pleasure to watch you guys race. PDT_Armataz_01_37

Offline Hansk

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
Nice !!!looks like a lot of fun!    good to see Brians fiat up and running too
Big fat black fastback

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »
great job .
thats the beauty of the test and tune .you have the whole day to make progress and takle any problems that come up .
now get out of the hole quicker and crank up the boost .

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Billyisgr8

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »
Jim can you do me a favour.  Do you have any slips with a similar 1/4 time and let me know what 1/8 mile mph's you had on those slips?  Im pretty sure I am loosing some mph somewhere as my 1/8 mph shows that my 1/4 mph should be 115 -116mph.  It could be I am loosing it at the start, and possibly my 4th gearing.  Just trying to figure this out.  Your NOS should be similar to my turbo in torque and hp.

Thanks 

Kevin