Author Topic: Wtf....  (Read 1651 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Wtf....
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:15:04 AM »
allright, sound off on how you feel about all of this......

1 - lougheed, oakridge, and royal center malls tell the salvation army donation collectors to stop ringing their bells. they say it's too loud and annoying and disruptive. after a load of replies from people, the 3 malls say it's ok to ring the bells....as long as it's not all the time and not too loud.

my solution.......do not shop at those malls.

2 - apparently in australia, the people that dress up as santa (for malls, etc) are told not to say \"hohoho\" because it's a derogatory american term. they should say \"hahaha\" instead. also, they shouldnt dress to be so fat because it promotes obesity. and kids shouldnt leave cookies for santa anymore because they're not good for him.

wtf.

i'm not a religious person, i dont love christmas but i do like it, i respect peoples cultures, beliefs and opinions.....but some things are being taken too seriously here.

i think some people need to lighten up and just roll with the season and let it be. celebrate it the way you like to celebrate it and enjoy the fact that others may like to do it differently. thats what makes it all so special. difference.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Wtf....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »
I say enough with being politically correct, its gone too far.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Wtf....
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 10:44:57 AM »
Why is it that mainstream Western culture needs to be sensitive to other cultures, beliefs and ways of life but it isn't the other way around? Should it not be a two way street? People need to relax and find something better and more constructive to do with their time.  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Wtf....
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »
I won't get into details, but the TV station I work at was going to go with the slogan \"Merry Holidays\" for their Christmas Greeting. I said \"whaaa?\" and was told it was mandated from above. I went to the CEO and said we were pushing the boundary of wishy washy, in the end, we will say \"Merry Christmas!\"
Politically Correct has gone too far...

brian waz

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Wtf....
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »

Politically Correct has gone too far...

Since we are on the subject... PC means that nobody means what they say and nobody says what they mean. You can't even joke about you own ethnicity because someone may find it derogatory. If you use a term that is sexist, different for a male and a female, you are a sexist pig (even if male and females are really different.)

I have a great deal of respect for people whom leave one country for another one in search for a better way of life for their family. That takes a lot of marbles. We all know that we are fortunate to live in a country where you are allowed to practice any religion you choose. However, whether one is religious or not, Christmas is the Celebration of the birth of Christ and Happy Holidays just doesn't do it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Freaking New Year.

Matt

Wtf....
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:03:21 PM »
I say cancel it all. While were at it, we should cancel easter too.

and you think I'm joking?

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
Wtf....
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »
I say we get rid of the entire Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and what have you and go back to what it really is.  Screw them all, if they want to be truly correct we should all start saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Let's see them have a problem with that.  Screw the politicians, screw the religious extremest, and Baa F***ing humbug to the rest.  End of rant, go back to your merry ways.

'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline el_flechador

Wtf....
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
Every day i like to celebrate the fact i'm a rude offensive twat,it brings a glow to my heart and a tear to my eye, incidentally  i try not to be bias as every one is the same to me, even me

but thats the joy of having freedom of speach in my new home in Canada, i mean where is this supposed to be............America :ph34r:  

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Wtf....
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »
I'm sticking with Festivus. I've been practicing my Feats Of Strength for months now, and my wife got started early on her Airing Of Grievances...
Jason Hamilton

Offline OUTKAST

Wtf....
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »
If in yer afended STFU .no one cares ,mind your own business .  :angry: My new CHRISTMAS SLOGAN !!!

Offline Bruce

Wtf....
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 11:08:15 AM »
Every day i like to celebrate the fact i'm a rude offensive twat,it brings a glow to my heart and a tear to my eye,
I like your style, Dott!

What kind of mayhem have you been creating on your bus lately?

Offline Bruce

Wtf....
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
...., if they want to be truly correct we should all start saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....
But then you would be offending the JWs.  They don't believe in celebrating birthdays.

Offline el_flechador

Wtf....
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »
I like your style, Dott!

What kind of mayhem have you been creating on your bus lately?
Everyday is Christmas on my Bus Bruce